* RE: How to build cross compiler
       [not found] <616BE6A276E3714788D2AC35C40CD18D6BF9BB@whale.softwire.co.uk>
@ 2002-06-28  2:21 ` Rupert Wood
From: Rupert Wood @ 2002-06-28  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sarae; +Cc: gcc-help

Samant wrote:

> I want to build a cross compiler which runs on Red Hat 6.2 -- intel
> and generates executables which are run on target Red Hat 6.2 --
> powerpc.
>
> Please suggest me some documents for this... FAQs ?

FAQ and CrossGCC mailing list archives:

    http://crossgcc.billgatliff.com/
    http://sources.redhat.com/ml/crossgcc/

> I think, i need to build :

0) Binutils with --target=powerpc-linux. You may combine this with step
1 by creating a merged source tree, e.g. as described

    http://gcc.gnu.org/simtest-howto.html

If built separately then you need to install these before you continue.
They should be built with the same --prefix that you're going to
build/install GCC to.

> 1) Gcc with --target=powerpc-linux
> 2) Glibc with gcc obtained in step 1.

or if you have access to powerpc-linux system headers and libraries (and
you're willing to use them rather than rebuilding glibc - probably a
good idea if you have an existing system in mind) then you can copy
these to <prefix>/powerpc-linux/sys-include and
<prefix>/powerpc-linux/lib and skip these two steps. This will be
described in the CrossGCC FAQ.

> 3) Gcc with Glibc obtained in step 2

Good luck,
Rup.

* How to build cross compiler
@ 2002-06-27 20:22 sarae
From: sarae @ 2002-06-27 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,
       I want to build a cross compiler which runs on Red Hat 6.2 -- intel
 and generates executables which are run on target Red Hat 6.2 -- powerpc.

Please suggest me some documents for this... FAQs ?
I think, i need to build :

1) Gcc with --target=powerpc-linux
2) Glibc with gcc obtained in step 1.
3) Gcc with Glibc obtained in step 2

Is this correct ?.
Has anyone built a similar cross compiler.

Please help me out.

Thanks and Regards,
samant

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.