* RE: any proxy client for ISA ??
       [not found] <616BE6A276E3714788D2AC35C40CD18DA27342@whale.softwire.co.uk>
@ 2003-02-06 11:24 ` Rupert Wood
From: Rupert Wood @ 2003-02-06 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Raheel Ali Khan'; +Cc: gcc-help

Raheel Ali Khan wrote:

> although this group is only intended for gcc issues, but i am asking
> this question so that if anyone there has some knowledge of it. I
> need something like proxy client for ISA proxy server installed on
> windows 2k server. Actually i have complete network of ms windows
> based workstations & servers. Now I have placed a sun-sparc machine
> (solaris 8) on this network. i need something of proxy like
> functioning on sun machine so that it could access the services of
> ISA proxy on my windows server.

Our ISA firewall also has a socks 4 proxy. I don't know if this was part
of ISA or Small Business Server 2000. You can use this, plus a socks
library, e.g. Dante

    http://www.inet.no/dante/

Make sure you configure it for socks v4 *not* v5. Dante also has some
support for the pre-ISA MS Proxy but I don't know what state that's in /
is useful.

You may get better ideas from one of the sun newsgroups or the
sunmangers.org mailing list.

Good luck,
Rup.

* any proxy client for ISA ??
@ 2003-02-06  6:01 Raheel Ali Khan
From: Raheel Ali Khan @ 2003-02-06  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

hello ......

although this group is only intended for gcc issues, but i am asking this
question so that if anyone there has some knowledge of it. I need something
like proxy client for ISA proxy server installed on windows 2k server.
Actually i have complete network of ms windows based workstations & servers.
Now I have placed a sun-sparc machine (solaris 8) on this network. i need
something of proxy like functioning on sun machine so that it could access
the services of ISA proxy on my windows server.

if anyone of you point me to some good resource and any other link, it would
be of great help to me.

Raheel.