* RE: g++ -lmalloc error
       [not found] <616BE6A276E3714788D2AC35C40CD18D6BF9FC@whale.softwire.co.uk>
@ 2002-06-28  2:05 ` Rupert Wood
From: Rupert Wood @ 2002-06-28  2:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Long Li'; +Cc: gcc-help

:
> /usr/bin/ld: can not find -lmalloc
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

The problem is that you're asking ld to link against libmalloc.a or
libmalloc.so but it can't find either of these.

Do you have a libmalloc.a or .so? If so, make sure that ld is searching
the path it's in (you can add paths using '-L').

Do you really need libmalloc? The function is probably available in the
C library unless you've got special requirements. Check your OS C
library documentation.

Rup.

* g++ -lmalloc error
@ 2002-06-28  1:52 Long Li
From: Long Li @ 2002-06-28  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi, Guys,

I am having a problem when I try to compile a file
with g++.

When I typed:

g++ -Wall -g -lpthread -lrt -lmalloc -I{$my_file_path}

I got such error:

/usr/bin/ld: can not find -lmalloc
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I guess the problem is from ld. Could you tell me what
I need to do to make it work?

Thanks a lot!

Long

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com