* configure: error can not run test programs while cross compiling
@ 2002-06-18  8:14 SMore
From: SMore @ 2002-06-18  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Platform Solaris 2.8 x86

I compiled gcc 3.0.3 with CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/ksh --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld
--target=i386-pc-solaris2.8

After it was done, I was able to configure and compile perl 5.6.1 without
any problem.

Now I am trying to configure mysql 3.23.45 but keep getting "checking for
return type of sprintf... configure: error can not run test programs while
cross compiling".
According to http://www.mysql.com/doc/S/o/Solaris.html :
If you get the following error from configure:
checking for restartable system calls... configure: error can not run test
programs while cross compiling
This means that you have something wrong with your compiler installation!

Is there something wrong with the installation of my compiler ? How can I
fix it ?
 I would like to configure mysql 3.23.45 without a problem.

-Thanks
Stephen More

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-06-18 15:14 UTC | newest]