* gfortran 7 compiler
@ 2018-03-15 23:16 Ovais Khan
From: Ovais Khan @ 2018-03-15 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello

Could you please help me in downloading the gfortran 7 compiler?

I used the following link:

https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortran/News#gfortran_7

but it is not providing any compiler.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Ovais

* Re: gfortran 7 compiler
@ 2018-03-15 23:18 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2018-03-15 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ovais Khan; +Cc: gcc-help

On 15 March 2018 at 23:16, Ovais Khan wrote:
> Hello
>
> Could you please help me in downloading the gfortran 7 compiler?
>
> I used the following link:
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortran/News#gfortran_7
>

> but it is not providing any compiler.

Try https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortranBinaries

* Re: gfortran 7 compiler
@ 2018-03-16  0:40   ` Ovais Khan
From: Ovais Khan @ 2018-03-16  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Wakely; +Cc: gcc-help

Hi John,

Thanks for a prompt response. I checked the link you send; it is showing downloads of gfortran for MacOS and Linux, however, I did not find any gfortran compiler for windows.

Earlier I have been downloading previous versions of gfortran for windows, but now I could not find any.

Your help and guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ovais

________________________________

@ 2018-03-16  0:42     ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2018-03-16  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ovais Khan; +Cc: gcc-help

On 16 March 2018 at 00:40, Ovais Khan <okhan@tuskegee.edu> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Thanks for a prompt response. I checked the link you send; it is showing
> downloads of gfortran for MacOS and Linux, however, I did not find any
> gfortran compiler for windows.
>
> Earlier I have been downloading previous versions of gfortran for windows,
> but now I could not find any.

Did you try the "binaries" link on the gcc.gnu.org homepage?

https://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html

* Re: gfortran 7 compiler
@ 2018-03-16  0:46       ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2018-03-16  0:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ovais Khan; +Cc: gcc-help

On 16 March 2018 at 00:42, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16 March 2018 at 00:40, Ovais Khan <okhan@tuskegee.edu> wrote:
>> Hi John,
>>
>> Thanks for a prompt response. I checked the link you send; it is showing
>> downloads of gfortran for MacOS and Linux, however, I did not find any
>> gfortran compiler for windows.
>>
>> Earlier I have been downloading previous versions of gfortran for windows,
>> but now I could not find any.
>
> Did you try the "binaries" link on the gcc.gnu.org homepage?
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html

There's also http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/download but it seems quite out of date.

And https://nuwen.net/mingw.html but I don't know if it includes the
Fortran compiler, or just C and C++.

* Re: gfortran 7 compiler
@ 2018-03-16  1:36         ` Ovais Khan
From: Ovais Khan @ 2018-03-16  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Wakely; +Cc: gcc-help

Did you try the "binaries" link on the gcc.gnu.org homepage?

Yes, I did tried that link but I did not get the gfortran compiler for windows, as I was getting earlier, e.g. in 2012 I have downloaded gfortran windows compiler very easily, but now I couldn't find any.
Also, I checked the other link but couldn't find the gfortran compiler for windows.

Thanks,

@ 2018-03-16  2:06           ` sisyphus1
From: sisyphus1 @ 2018-03-16  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ovais Khan; +Cc: gcc-help

From: J.W. Jagersma @ 2018-03-16  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sisyphus1, Ovais Khan; +Cc: gcc-help

On 2018-03-16 03:06, sisyphus1@optusnet.com.au wrote:

> -----Original Message----- From: Ovais Khan
> Sent: Friday, March 16, 2018 12:36 PM
> To: Jonathan Wakely
> Cc: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
> Subject: Re: gfortran 7 compiler
>
>> Yes, I did tried that link but I did not get the gfortran compiler for
>> windows, as I was getting earlier, e.g. in 2012 I have downloaded
>> gfortran windows compiler very easily, but now I couldn't find any.
>> Also, I checked the other link but couldn't find the gfortran compiler
>> for windows.
>
> I get the mingw-w64 compilers from the list at:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win64/Personal%20Builds/mingw-builds/7.2.0/
>

> These compilers include gfortran.
>
> I've not tried the installer that's on offer there, but under the
> "MinGW-W64 GCC-7.2.0" heading, you'll see 4 64-bit compilers (x86_64)
> offering a choice of posix/win32 threads x a choice of sjlj/seh
> exception handling, and 4 32-bit compilers (i686) offering achoice of
> posix/win32 threads x a choice of sjlj/dwarf exception handling.
> The ones with posix threads and without sjlj exception handling are, I
> believe, the most popular.
>
> I have:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win64/Personal%20Builds/mingw-builds/7.2.0/threads-posix/seh/x86_64-7.2.0-release-posix-seh-rt_v5-rev0.7z
>
> and
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win32/Personal%20Builds/mingw-builds/7.2.0/threads-posix/dwarf/i686-7.2.0-release-posix-dwarf-rt_v5-rev0.7z
>

> both of which are fine.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob

Look up MSYS2. After installing that, getting a fortran compiler is as
easy as:

pacman -Sy mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc-fortran

* Re: gfortran 7 compiler
@ 2018-03-28  4:27               ` Ovais Khan
From: Ovais Khan @ 2018-03-28  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J.W. Jagersma, sisyphus1; +Cc: gcc-help

Hello,

I have managed to install the gfortran compiler, thanks for your help and guidance.

Best regards,

Ovais