* RE: gcc v3.4.4; templates and compile errors
@ 2005-06-24 14:04 Magyar, Thomas J.  CIV NAVAIR
From: Magyar, Thomas J.  CIV NAVAIR @ 2005-06-24 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: corey taylor; +Cc: gcc-help

Thanks Corey, I did file a bug report and it has already been confirmed. It will be fixed in 3.4.5 release.

Thanks,

Tom

@ 2005-06-24 14:37 Magyar, Thomas J.  CIV NAVAIR
From: Magyar, Thomas J.  CIV NAVAIR @ 2005-06-24 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Doerfler, gcc-help

You are right! Ugggh, all of those 'template's and 'typename's is starting to make my eyes blurry. Thank you!

Tom

@ 2005-06-24 14:27 ` Peter Doerfler
From: Peter Doerfler @ 2005-06-24 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

@ 2005-06-24 14:15 Magyar, Thomas J.  CIV NAVAIR
From: Magyar, Thomas J.  CIV NAVAIR @ 2005-06-24 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: corey taylor; +Cc: gcc-help

I have found the fix to this compiler error! I re-read the email sent by Corey once again this morning and found that I missed placing the 1st 'typename' at the beginning of the line. I had only put in the 2nd one, which resulted in an internal compiler error (see my previous reply).

Once I added that one, I got back to getting compiler errors that I could process through. It turns out that the line will get past the compiler with no warnings if it looks like below (with the 'template' keyword added):

typename SAX::basic_XMLReader<stringT>::template Property<typename SAX::basic_DeclHandler<stringT> *>* prop;

Now, I have one last similiar compile error in this file and hopefully I am home free. Here is the function (with my attempt at fixing it with 'template' and 'typename' and the output:

template<class stringT, class string_adaptorT>
327 void libxml2_wrapper<stringT, string_adaptorT>::doSetProperty(const stringT& name, typename std::auto_ptr<typename basic_XMLReader<stringT>::PropertyBase> value)
328 {
329   typename SAX::basic_XMLReader<stringT>::template Property<declHandlerT&>* prop;
330   prop = dynamic_cast<SAX::basic_XMLReader<stringT>::template Property<declHandlerT&>*>(value.get());
331
332 ...
333
334   return;
335 }

/saxlibxml2.h:330: error: expected template-id for type before '*' token

I corrected line 329 with the addition of 'typename' and 'template' as it was giving me errors first. But now I can't figure out what combination to do for 330. I have only added the 'template' keyword so far. Previous to that addition, I was getting:

/saxlibxml2.h:330: error: 'class SAX::basic_XMLReader<string_type>::Property' is not a type.

I think this is my last hurdler, hopefully one of you can recommend a solution!

Thanks,

Tom

@ 2005-06-23 20:26 ` corey taylor
From: corey taylor @ 2005-06-23 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)