* Segfault inserting a pass
@ 2010-02-17 19:14 Saleel Kudchadker
From: Saleel Kudchadker @ 2010-02-17 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help, gcc

Hi I am working on calling the instrument function before every
function call automatically. I tried inserting this pass which would
add my function to every edge

//----------------------------------------

static unsigned int spmm_insert(void){

  struct cgraph_edge *e;
  struct cgraph_node *node = cgraph_node (current_function_decl);

tree x, bind,spmm_type,spmm_decl,ctr_ptr;
x = implicit_built_in_decls[BUILT_IN_PROFILE_FUNC_ENTER];
x = build_call_expr (x, 0);

 for (e = node->callees; e; e = e->next_callee){
bsi_insert_on_edge(e, x);
}

/*******************************************************/

This throws me a Segfault error when compiling the code. i am applying
this pass before pass_apply_inline in passes.c
I am new to GCC, Can someone hint me documents or materials I can look
upon to insert this pass.

--
Regards,

Saleel Kudchadker
Graduate Student
School of Computing , Informatics and Decision Systems
Arizona State University

* Re: Segfault inserting a pass
@ 2010-02-18  2:25 ` Richard Guenther
From: Richard Guenther @ 2010-02-18  2:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Saleel Kudchadker; +Cc: gcc-help, gcc

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Saleel Kudchadker <skudchad@asu.edu> wrote:
> Hi I am working on calling the instrument function before every
> function call automatically. I tried inserting this pass which would
> add my function to every edge
>
> //----------------------------------------
>
> static unsigned int spmm_insert(void){
>

>  struct cgraph_edge *e;
>  struct cgraph_node *node = cgraph_node (current_function_decl);
>
> tree x, bind,spmm_type,spmm_decl,ctr_ptr;
> x = implicit_built_in_decls[BUILT_IN_PROFILE_FUNC_ENTER];
> x = build_call_expr (x, 0);
>
>  for (e = node->callees; e; e = e->next_callee){
> bsi_insert_on_edge(e, x);
> }

e is a callgraph edge, not an edge in the CFG - that doesn't work and
warnings when compiling the code would have shown that to you.

Richard.