* Problem with build gcc 2.95.3 on SUSE 10 on VMWare
@ 2006-04-15  9:52 Michael Warneke
From: Michael Warneke @ 2006-04-15  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello

I try to compile gcc 2.95.3. I need this older version.
My System is SUSE Linux 10 on VMWare ( XP ).

I start configure with "--prefix=/home/user/gcc --enable-shared
--enable-threads --enable-languages=c,c++"

All running.

But when I compile with make I always get an error with parsestream.cc

"memcpy was not declared in this scope"

But before "checking for memcpy ... ok"

Maybe somebody know something about this problem and can help me.
Thanks.

Michael Warneke

* Re: Problem with build gcc 2.95.3 on SUSE 10 on VMWare
@ 2006-04-15  9:54 ` Niklaus
From: Niklaus @ 2006-04-15  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Warneke; +Cc: gcc-help

On 4/15/06, Michael Warneke <warneke@miwa-sd.de> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I try to compile gcc 2.95.3. I need this older version.
> My System is SUSE Linux 10 on VMWare ( XP ).
>

> I start configure with "--prefix=/home/user/gcc --enable-shared
> --enable-threads --enable-languages=c,c++"
>

> All running.
>

> But when I compile with make I always get an error with parsestream.cc
>

> "memcpy was not declared in this scope"
>

> But before "checking for memcpy ... ok"
>

> Maybe somebody know something about this problem and can help me.
> Thanks.

Better boot into linux and compile. It will be way faster. Also
download the latest gcc. Is there any reason why you are using gcc
2.95.

@ 2006-04-15 10:14 ` Niklaus
From: Niklaus @ 2006-04-15 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Warneke; +Cc: gcc-help

On 4/15/06, Michael Warneke <warneke@miwa-sd.de> wrote:
> Thanks for your answer.
> I have a Linux system running with this compiler.
> But I like to have the same configuration in my virtual Linux with VMWare on
> XP.
> Gcc 2.95.3 I need for my projects.

Where did you download this from.
Can you paste atleast 15-20 lines from where the error starts in your configure.