* which object file is fstat64/stat64 located
@ 2018-12-17  5:06 Yubin Ruan
From: Yubin Ruan @ 2018-12-17  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I am seeking help here since I got error of "undefined reference to
fstat64/stat64" when linking without libstdc++ in a C++ program. I was
trying to use libcxx, so I added -nodefaultlibs when compiling the
program. To get necessary symbols from libc, I added -lc  (and also
-lm -lgcc_s -lgcc). But I still got the undefined reference error.

Note that I never use fstat64/stat64 in my program. I only use fstat/stat.

From the man page[1] it is said that on Linux fstat/stat is a wrapper
around fstat64/stat64. So these two symbols must locate at some object
file I don't know.

[1]: http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/stat.2.html

--
Yubin