* GCC Link error in AIX
@ 2008-07-29  6:00 Vardhan, Sundara (GE Infra, Energy)
From: Vardhan, Sundara (GE Infra, Energy) @ 2008-07-29  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi All

Previously I had posted about a link error
/lib/libc.a(moveeq.o):moveeq.s:(.pr+0xc): undefined reference to `.___memmove'
caused in AIX 5.3.

Eric had replied that in AIX, one should use the AIX ld and NOT gnu ld. I tested and this works. The error no longer appears. Please also see note from Eric on this :
 See
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/aix/library/au-gnu.html for the
linking issues, and note it says: "You cannot use the GNU linker on AIX
as this will cause incorrectly linked binaries. By default, the AIX
linker is used when using GCC on AIX. You should only use the default
AIX linker."

Thanks much

With Regards

Vardhan

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-07-28 13:26 UTC | newest]