From: "Hamilton, Ian" <Ian.Hamilton@gbr.xerox.com>
To: "'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'" <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>,
	"'linux-mips@linux-mips.org'" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: RE: Problems with MIPS cross compiler/linker
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 09:58:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Here are some details that I missed off my original post:

The GCC version is 3.3.2, and is hosted on Sun/Solaris (version 5.8).

My linker script is like this:

/*========================================================================
  |                    armada linker command file

  |   This is the linker command file for armada
  |
  | Revisions:
  |   10/10'03  ICH initial armada setups

  ========================================================================*/

/* OUTPUT_FORMAT("elf32-bigmips", "elf-bigmips", "elf-littlemips") */

OUTPUT_ARCH(mips)

/**** Start point ****/
ENTRY(start)

SECTIONS
{
  .text 0xA0100000 :
  {
    *(.text)
    *(.gnu.linkonce.t*)
    _ecode = ABSOLUTE(.) ;	/* End of code 			    */
    *(.rodata)
    *(.gnu.linkonce.r*)

    . = ALIGN(8);
    _etext = ABSOLUTE(.);	/* End of code and read-only data   */
  }

  /**** Initialised data ****/
  .data :
  {
    _fdata = ABSOLUTE(.);	/* Start of initialised data	    */
    *(.data)

    . = ALIGN(8);

    _gp = ABSOLUTE(. + 0x7ff0); /* point at middle (32Kbytes) of 64Kbyte
initialized data		    */

    *(.lit8)
    *(.lit4)
    *(.ctors)
    *(.dtors)
    *(.got.plt)
    *(.got)
    *(.dynamic)
    *(.sdata)
    *(.gnu.linkonce.s*)

    . = ALIGN(8);

    _edata  = ABSOLUTE(.);	/* End of initialised data	    */
  }

  /**** Uninitialised data ****/

  _fbss = .;			/* Start of unitialised data	    */

  .sbss :
  {
    *(.sbss)
    *(.scommon)
  }
  .bss :
  {
    *(.bss)
    *(COMMON)
  }

  _end = . ;		/* End of unitialised data	    */

  .gptab.sdata : { *(.gptab.data) *(.gptab.sdata) }
  .gptab.sbss : { *(.gptab.bss) *(.gptab.sbss) }

  /DISCARD/ :
  {
    *(.reginfo)
  }