* Nobody "hereby disclaims" in GCC's GPL except Yoyodyne, Inc.
@ 2008-03-13 22:40 J.C. Pizarro
From: J.C. Pizarro @ 2008-03-13 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

The whole GCC (excluding Ada) appears only:

 Yoyodyne, Inc., hereby disclaims all copyright interest in the
program/library ...

$ grep -iR "hereby disclaims" . | less

Here is a part of the GPLv2 license:
You should also get your employer (if you work as a programmer) or your
school, if any, to sign a "copyright disclaimer" for the program, if
necessary.  Here is a sample; alter the names:

  Yoyodyne, Inc., hereby disclaims all copyright interest in the program
  `Gnomovision' (which makes passes at compilers) written by James Hacker.

  <signature of Ty Coon>, 1 April 1989
  Ty Coon, President of Vice

The final conclusion that i've obtained is that until now

NOBODY disclaims hereby disclaims all copyright interest in the program.

I don't see why? I see that it was not necessary, nobody wants to disclaim.

    J.C.Pizarro

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-03-13 22:40 UTC | newest]