* Runtime initialization
@ 2002-01-10 15:52 Rayiner Hashem
From: Rayiner Hashem @ 2002-01-10 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I have a few questions about what kind of runtime support g++ needs. I'm (trying) to use full-blown C++ in an OS kernel, and I'm having some problems invoking virtual functions. Basically, the problem occurs when I try to call the function itself, the CPU triple-faults and reboots. I'm thinking it has something to do with the vtables (I don't touch them anywhere else in the code). I would appreciate some info on how GCC manages vtables and specifically, what, if anything, needs to be done to the vtable sections (the gnu.linkonce.d.__vtable*) before virtual functions can be used.

Thanks in advance,
	Rayiner H.

* RE: Runtime initialization
@ 2002-01-10 22:26 ` PeterPan
From: PeterPan @ 2002-01-10 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rayiner Hashem, gcc-help

hi Rayiner Hashem.

I think your problem is uninitailized object or bad point, or bad linkage.
as i know, there is nothing special at runtime needed, if your object is
initailized correctly , its vtable should be ok.
is your object a static one or a dynamic ? if a static, do you sure you are
calling it's virtaul functions after it constructed ?
did you call the function from another static object's constructor (this may
couse proble) ?
if it's a dynamic one, do you sure not calling it from a NULL point ?

1uNCEE
Guo Xuesong
Sohu-inc
phone: +86 13910010559