* Regarding dlopen in Solaris
@ 2003-02-04 15:28 Karthikeyan M.D.
From: Karthikeyan M.D. @ 2003-02-04 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi People,
         I am not sure if this question is relevant
here. But to me it looks to do something with both
binutils/gcc/libc.
         I am using Sparc Solaris 8 with gcc-3.2 using
binutils 2.12 (sparcv9-sun-solaris2.8). When I try to
load some shared libraries built using gcc through
dlopen, am getting NULL. It works for some libraries
and but not for all. Does it involve some patching
work for libc in Solaris.
          Any clues would be highly appreciated.

Regards, Karthik

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

* Re: Regarding dlopen in Solaris
@ 2003-02-04 16:00 ` John Love-Jensen
From: John Love-Jensen @ 2003-02-04 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karthikeyan M.D., gcc-help

Hi Karthik,

The dlopen is affected by your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

Is the .so file in the same directory?  Is "." in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Or are you using the rpath linker option?

Are you giving fully qualified paths to the .so file?

Are you giving relative paths to the .so file?

Sincerely,
--Eljay