* preprocessing by gcc
@ 2011-05-31 19:45 PRASANTH RAJAGOPAL
       [not found] ` <4DE54C39.4010803@andihellmund.com>
From: PRASANTH RAJAGOPAL @ 2011-05-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I am using eclipse to cross compile for an embedded processor, using
its bare metal gcc tools (assembler, compiler, linker). The toolchains
are installed properly
and the toolchain calls the gcc tools and utils one by one. All works well.

I am trying to build a C project that also has a CRT.S file included
as the preprocessed file for startup.

I read the following:
Preprocessing - The *as* internal preprocessor:It does not do macro
processing, include file handling, or anything else you may get from
your C compiler's preprocessor.

Now the way the toolchains are used, it appears that .S files are
preprocessed by the Assembler, because my MACROs in the .S are never
getting defined & in the make files I see that the .S files are given
to Assembler. Without going inside eclipse, how can I let the pre
processing to be done by Compiler instead of Assembler?

Hope it make sense, being new to some of these things!

Thanks