* RE: Problem with code or gcc?
@ 2005-09-27 14:57 Kedzierski, Artur CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV CORONA
From: Kedzierski, Artur CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV CORONA @ 2005-09-27 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

	Philippe and Ryan, thank You for your responses.
	One thing that I find it strange is that I can use
MyStruct::CONST in other ways without a problem:

MyStruct m;
int a = m.CONST
std::vector<int> v;
v.push_back(static_cast<int>(m.CONST));
if (b == m.CONST)

	However, only when I use 'v.push_back(m.CONST)', I
get a linker error. Shouldn't I get a linker error in
those other cases?

From: Ryan Mansfield @ 2005-09-27 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kedzierski, Artur CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV CORONA, gcc-help

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/ctors.html#faq-10.11

Regards,

Ryan Mansfield

Behalf Of Kedzierski, Artur CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV CORONA
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 9:40 AM
To: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Problem with code or gcc?

	Could anybody tell me if this is a valid C++ code or
a problem with GCC?

test_prog.cc:
#include <vector>
struct MyStruct {
	static const int CONST = 1;
};

int main() {
	std::vector<int> l;
	MyStruct z;
	l.push_back(z.CONST);
}

	I get an undefined reference to MyStruct::CONST when
I try to compile it.
	I appreciate any help.

	Artur Kedzierski

* Problem with code or gcc?