* sparc stack analysis
@ 2005-10-28  0:55 ework0
From: ework0 @ 2005-10-28  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

I have strong interest in sparc architecture, assuming this small program:
-bash-3.00$ cat foo.c
#include<stdio.h>

void func1(char *);
void func2(char *);

main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
        char foo[256];
        strcpy(foo,argv[1]);
        func1(foo);
        exit(1);
}
void
func2(char *foo){
        char hello[128];
        strcpy(hello,foo);
        printf("%s\n",foo);
}

void
func1(char *foo){
        func2(foo);
        }

1. Would anyone mind to detailed describe how a function main() calls
func1() and func2() as well. I have interested in, where is stored the
return address from main()? how does it work the save/ret schema?

2. What are the components of a typical sparc stack? What are the most
important registers to know?

I know this is a bit off-topic but I am sure many users of this lists,
specially  those with interest on Sparc architecture, would find this
very useful.

Thanks for any help,  diagram, link, document,

ework0

* Re: sparc stack analysis
@ 2005-10-28 11:03 ` John Love-Jensen
From: John Love-Jensen @ 2005-10-28 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ework0, MSX to GCC

Hi ework0,

I think the SPARC ABI is what you want...
http://www.sparc.com/standards/psABI3rd.pdf

HTH,
--Eljay