* Configure error question
@ 2022-07-11 19:11 Gary Oblock
From: Gary Oblock @ 2022-07-11 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Oblock via Gcc-help

I got the following configure error:

checking for shl_load... configure: error: Link tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.

My configure is thus:

../sources/configure \
--prefix=$BASE/install \
--exec_prefix=$BASE/install \
--with-local-prefix=$BASE/borrowed/arm-zephyr-eabi/arm-zephyr-eabi \
--with-headers=$BASE/borrowed/arm-zephyr-eabi/arm-zephyr-eabi/include \
--disable-bootstrap --enable-language=c,lto \
--disable-multilib --target=arm-zephyr-eabi \
--disable-shared --enable-__cxa_atexit \
--disable-tm-clone-registry --disable-libgomp \
--disable-libmudflap --disable-libmpx --disable-libssp \
--disable-libquadmath --disable-libquadmath-support \
--enable-lto --with-host-libstdcxx='-static-libgcc \
-Wl,-Bstatic,-lstdc++,-Bdynamic -lm' \
--enable-target-optspace --disable-nls --enable-multiarch \
--with-multilib-list=rmprofile --enable-languages=c,c++
--with-gnu-ld --with-gnu-as --enable-initfini-array

This is building a cross compiler with GCC 12.1.0 sources
and borrowing the binary tools from the existing
an existing SDK (Zephyr.) Note, I copy the binary tools
into my install directory to mirror what a build of binutils
would do. The configuration flags are, to a large extent,
from the original SDK's GCC 10 compiler.

Note, I realize this approach is a bit crazy, but this is as
close to getting anything to work as I've gotten and not
having a deep understanding of how configure and the
GCC build process works I see no remaining things to
try if it fails.

Thanks,

Gary

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains information that is confidential and proprietary to Ampere Computing or its subsidiaries. It is to be used solely for the purpose of furthering the parties' business relationship. Any unauthorized review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-07-11 19:11 UTC | newest]