Question 1: I am trying to establish the following dependencies in the attached Makefile (currently, make executes every command in the makefile): - for MCSIM_CPP files if there is a change to any .cpp file, re-compile that specific file(s) to .o - for DRAMSIM_C files if there is a change to any .c file, re-compile that specific file(s) to .o (Note: there is 1 .cpp file in this set - memory-dram.cpp) - I tried to establish some macros (DRAMSIM_C, DRAMSIM_OBJS, MCSIM_CPP, MCSIM_OBJS) but make doesn't seem to recognize unless I list all the files manually. Question 2: If use the following line: G++ -c mem.c mem.h dram.h Is it the same as: G++ -c mem.c mem.h (assuming that #include "dram.h" is in mem.h?) Thanks, Robert