Probably help if I attached the files... ------ Forwarded Message From: Robert Wong Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 09:37:02 -0800 To: "gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org" Conversation: Makefile help request (config file) Subject: Makefile help request (config file) In the two attached files: 1.Makefile 2.ct (script file) I am trying to make multiple executables with the name SESC_DRIVER#, where "#" is associated with a different config file for mem-dram-mcsim-interface.o (using mem-dramsim-config-#.h). Right now, I can use the Makefile with the following command line: >make N='#' But each time before I can use that command I must delete the existing mem-dram-mcsim-interface.o otherwise the makefile won't make the mem-dram-mcsim-interface.o with the new mem-dramsim-config-#.h. I tried to write file 2 (ct) to delete the mem-dram-mcsim-interface.o and invoke the make N='#' line but I think the script is having problems recognizing the command line arguments ($1) in the form make N='$1' because of the single quotes. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. Rob ------ End of Forwarded Message