* gcc 3.2
@ 2008-02-22 13:28 shakeeb ahmed
From: shakeeb ahmed @ 2008-02-22 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi
I am working on a project for which I need only GCC
3.2. I am using Cygwin and the automatic installation
does not support below gcc3.3

I have downloaded the source file gcc-3.2.1.tar but
when I unpack it and run ./configure i get the
following error:

This configuration is not supported in the following
sub-directories:
target-libffi target-boehm-gc target-zlib
target-libjava
<Any other directories should still work fine>

"created makefile in home/S.S.LAB/gcc-3.2.1 using
"mh-frag"
/tmp/cNf 3232/cNf 3232.pos:line 7:gcc command not
found
*** gcc -o conftest -g conftest.c failed.
***You must set the environment variable CC to a
working compiler

How do I install without a previous compiler present.
I have searched for the binary file but to no avail.

Thank You

Shakeeb

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

* g++ man pages
@ 2002-12-22  8:27 umapathy
From: umapathy @ 2002-12-22  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

hi,
	I am badly searching for some man pages like docs for g++.  My system
is RH7.3 and my gcc version is 2.96 which came with that distro.  I
tried to google also, but couldnt get useful info.  May be I couldnt
came up with correct search string.

	thanks in advance for the help and time

regards
Umapathy