* warning: initialization discards qualifiers from pointer target type
@ 2008-03-03 20:40 Andre Kirchner
From: Andre Kirchner @ 2008-03-03 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi All,

When I compile the following piece of code, I get 3 "warning: initialization discards qualifiers from pointer target type" messages which refer to  the 3 lines marked in the code. What's wrong with these lines? I searched the web for it, but didn't find anything useful.

Thanks,

Andre

enum CompressionType {
    DEFLATE = 0,
    GZIP
};

struct CompressionInfo {
    char   * Name;
    int32_t Type;
    uint32_t WindowSize;
};

static struct CompressionInfo compression_table[] = {
    { "deflate", DEFLATE, DEFLATE_WINDOW_SIZE },      <-- HERE
    { "gzip",    GZIP,    24 },                                                  <-- HERE
    { "",        -1,      0  }                                                          <-- HERE
};

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

* Re: warning: initialization discards qualifiers from pointer target  type
@ 2008-03-03 21:40 ` John Love-Jensen
From: John Love-Jensen @ 2008-03-03 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andre Kirchner, GCC-help

Hi Andre,

Change your struct so you can refer to string constants:

struct CompressionInfo {
    char const * Name;
    int32_t Type;
    uint32_t WindowSize;