* Re: help please!
@ 2002-12-20  0:51 Ben Dougall
From: Ben Dougall @ 2002-12-20  0:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

> You'll need to install the Apple dev tools for Mac OS X, on the dev
> tools CD
> that (I assume) came with your computer, or download the dev tools
> .dmg from
> Apple's website.

and once you've installed dev tools, gcc is available from the
terminal. and to run something after you've compiled it type:

./a.out

instead of a.out which i think is how it is on most other systems.

* Re: help please!
@ 2002-12-19  8:19 ` John Love-Jensen
From: John Love-Jensen @ 2002-12-19  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sarah Gosselin, gcc-help

Hi Sarah,

You'll need to install the Apple dev tools for Mac OS X, on the dev tools CD
that (I assume) came with your computer, or download the dev tools .dmg from
Apple's website.

--Eljay

* Re: help please!
@ 2002-12-19  4:28 ` LLeweLLyn Reese
From: LLeweLLyn Reese @ 2002-12-19  4:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sarah Gosselin; +Cc: gcc-help

Sarah Gosselin <sunflower564@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi!
> I am a student in programing and I am used to work in a Sun lab
> (using Unix). I write programs in C++. At school, I go in the console
> (or terminal) and type g++ nameofprogram.cc and it compiles it.
> However, I have no idea what to do with my iMac (I have the Mac OS
> X). I went into the terminal and tried typing all the possible
> entries and nothing worked so far. So please, could you tell me how
> it works and also how to save my documents so that they get read as
> C++ (or G++) documents.
> Thank you for your time

Probably you do not have gcc installed on your imac. I've never used
MacOS X - but it appears there is some info here:
http://developer.apple.com/tools/compilers.html
I found the above link by searching using google's advanced search to
search www.apple.com for for getting started gcc .

[snip]

* help please!
@ 2002-12-19  4:22 Sarah Gosselin
From: Sarah Gosselin @ 2002-12-19  4:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi!
I am a student in programing and I am used to work in a Sun lab
(using Unix). I write programs in C++. At school, I go in the console
(or terminal) and type g++ nameofprogram.cc and it compiles it.
However, I have no idea what to do with my iMac (I have the Mac OS
X). I went into the terminal and tried typing all the possible
entries and nothing worked so far. So please, could you tell me how
it works and also how to save my documents so that they get read as
C++ (or G++) documents.
Thank you for your time

Sarah Gosselin

http://mailplus.yahoo.com