* Dejagnu
@ 2014-11-11 10:02 Manpreet Singh
From: Manpreet Singh @ 2014-11-11 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,
While running gcc testsuite dejagnu search for newlib e.g string.h.
But the cross-compiler which i am trying to run is configured and
build without newlib. Is there any way to configure dejagnu, so that
it would not search for newlib while running gcc testsuite.

Please guide me in this direction.

Thanks & regards
Manpreet Singh

* Re: Dejagnu
@ 2015-01-09 10:08 ` Chung-Ju Wu
From: Chung-Ju Wu @ 2015-01-09 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manpreet Singh; +Cc: gcc

> Hi,
> While running gcc testsuite dejagnu search for newlib e.g string.h.
> But the cross-compiler which i am trying to run is configured and
> build without newlib. Is there any way to configure dejagnu, so that
> it would not search for newlib while running gcc testsuite.
>
> Please guide me in this direction.

Hi, Manpreet,

But some test cases indeed require library implementation.
(e.g. gcc.c-torture/execute/strcmp-1.c)

Even you build a compiler without using newlib, you still need to
have your own library and header files.  Then use options to guide
compiler find the location so that the cases can be compiled and verified.

Please refer to the dejagnu/baseboards/XXX-sim.exp content,
I think you can use -I xxx, -L yyy, -lzzz options there.

Best regards,
jasonwucj