* Doubts regarding building of compiler from source
@ 2022-01-17  9:09 Krishna
From: Krishna @ 2022-01-17  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Respected Sir/Madam,

Hello I am Krishna Narayanan ,an undergraduate pursuing electronics and
telecommunications,I am a beginner and new to this community.I kicked
off by building the gcc from source and I  am getting a repetitive HTTP
500 error while building GCC from source in this command wget
http://www.multiprecision.org/downloads
<http://www.multiprecision.org/downloads> $mpc_tarfile ,I tried finding
solutions on the internet but was not able to resolve the error. Can you
help me out with this.

Hoping for your reply soon.

Thanks and Regards,

Krishna Narayanan.

* Re: Doubts regarding building of compiler from source
@ 2022-01-17 10:57 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2022-01-17 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Krishna; +Cc: gcc-help

On Mon, 17 Jan 2022 at 09:10, Krishna via Gcc-help <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Respected Sir/Madam,
>
> Hello I am Krishna Narayanan ,an undergraduate pursuing electronics and
> telecommunications,I am a beginner and new to this community.I kicked
> off by building the gcc from source and I  am getting a repetitive HTTP
> 500 error while building GCC from source in this command wget
> http://www.multiprecision.org/downloads
> <http://www.multiprecision.org/downloads> $mpc_tarfile ,I tried finding
> solutions on the internet but was not able to resolve the error. Can you
> help me out with this.

You don't need to run that command to build GCC from source.

See https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/InstallingGCC

* Re: Doubts regarding building of compiler from source
@ 2022-01-17 11:41   ` Krishna Narayanan
From: Krishna Narayanan @ 2022-01-17 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Wakely; +Cc: gcc-help

Thanks, I'll check it out and let you know.
Thanks & Regards
Krishna Narayanan