* ARM cross mismatch error
@ 2012-10-31 13:58 naveen yadav
From: naveen yadav @ 2012-10-31 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils, rearnsha, matthew.gretton-dann, hans-peter.nilsson,
	gcc-help, gcc-help, linaro-toolchain

Dear All,

We have ARM cross compiler, and building our code. we got below error.
we have GCC  Linaro 4.6.4.

arm-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: DIV usage mismatch between
/home/Release/libasm.a(Blt32_Neon.o) and /home/Release/liblayer.so
arm-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file
/home/Release/libasm.a(Blt32_Neon.o)

is it related to below link ?

http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2012-03/msg00211.html

thanks

* ARM cross mismatch error
@ 2012-10-31 14:23 ` naveen yadav
From: naveen yadav @ 2012-10-31 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils, rearnsha, matthew.gretton-dann, hans-peter.nilsson,
	gcc-help, gcc-help, linaro-toolchain

Dear All,

We have ARM cross compiler, and building our code. we got below error.
we have GCC  Linaro 4.6.4.

arm-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: DIV usage mismatch between
/home/Release/libasm.a(Blt32_Neon.o) and /home/Release/liblayer.so
arm-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file
/home/Release/libasm.a(Blt32_Neon.o)

is it related to below link ?

http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2012-03/msg00211.html

thanks

* Re: ARM cross mismatch error
@ 2012-10-31 21:30 ` Matthew Gretton-Dann
From: Matthew Gretton-Dann @ 2012-10-31 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: naveen yadav
  Cc: binutils, rearnsha, hans-peter.nilsson, gcc-help, linaro-toolchain

Naveen,

On 31 October 2012 13:10, naveen yadav <yad.naveen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> We have ARM cross compiler, and building our code. we got below error.
> we have GCC  Linaro 4.6.4.
>
> arm-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: DIV usage mismatch between
> /home/Release/libasm.a(Blt32_Neon.o) and /home/Release/liblayer.so
> arm-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file
> /home/Release/libasm.a(Blt32_Neon.o)

There isn't enough information here for us to tell what is going wrong
here.  Can you provide a small test case please?  This should include
the C source that you compile, along with the compiler and linker
command lines used.  I would expect that to invoke this error you
would need only two C source files.

> is it related to below link ?
>
> http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2012-03/msg00211.html

Unlikely as the error in that link was due to missing files in the
binutils repository.

Thanks,

Matt

--