* Constrainst for individual registers
@ 2011-10-24  8:09 איליה לסוחין
From: איליה לסוחין @ 2011-10-24  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,
I'm doing some modifections to the avr backend to suit my needs.

I would like to add new constrainst for individual registers to use in
inline assembly blocks and i was wondering what is the correct way of
doing this?

in gcc-4.5, i've added a new class for each register to reg_class,
REG_CLASS_NAMES and REG_CLASS_CONTENTS, made a need constrainst for
each register using its class and it worked as expected.

i tried to do the same in gcc-4.7 and i got:
internal compiler error: in find_costs_and_classes, at ira-costs.c:1704.

So i was wondering whether i did the wrong thing or just forgot to
update some target hook.

Thanks,
Ilya.