Hello, I'm new to the GCC community, who is willing to contribute and expand my knowledge on compilers. I hope this is the right forum I'm asking for help. I'm trying to build the gcc repository. Based on the instructions given on the SummerOfCode - GCC Wiki (gnu.org) and GCC for New Contributors — GCC Contributors Guide 0.1 documentation (gcc-newbies-guide.readthedocs.io) , I have tried the following commands. 1) git clone git://gcc.gnu.org/git/gcc.git 2) cd gcc & ./contrib/download_prerequisites 3) mkdir objdir & cd objdir 4) ../gcc/configure --prefix=/home/path/to/gcc --enable-languages=c,c++ 5) make -j 4 Running the 5th throws the following error: 'xgcc: fatal error: cannot execute ‘cc1plus’: posix_spawnp: No such file or directory compilation terminated.' I have tried to search Google and take help of ChatGPT but even the guidance didn't resolve my issue. Following are the solutions that I tried. Executing the command: 1) 'sudo apt-get install --reinstall build-essential' 2) 'sudo apt-get install --reinstall g++' 3) 'unset GCC_EXEC_PREFIX' This is based on the following pages: php - Compile error: "g++: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory" - Stack Overflow and ChatGPT inputs. I haven't been able to find a solution for the same. Any guidance/input will be appreciated. Thanks