Hi Xi Ruoyao and Arsen Arsenović Thanks for the suggestion to use -fsanitize=undefined flag, with this flag I am able to identify and fix multiple runtime errors and further able to find many more as I am proceeding with running different scenarios. @Arsen Arsenović: I am using GCC 11.3 (I started observing the random crash issue due to UBs with gcc > 7.4) On Thu, Feb 9, 2023 at 4:37 PM Arsen Arsenović wrote: > Hi, > > praveen ab via Gcc-help writes: > > > Hi All, > > > > We are upgrading the GCC version for our existing C/C++ project. > > Earlier we were using gcc 5.4 and everything was working fine.(The > > application works fine even with gcc 7.4) > > When trying to build the application using gcc 8.1 and above we are > > observing the random crashes mostly segmentation fault. > > Any suggestions on how to debug this? > > > > Right now I am trying the following: > > Enabling the -Wall flag and trying to fix all the warnings > > Using GDB to inspect memory location and variables. > > > > Please Suggest anything else that needs to be checked? > > The UB sanitizer might also prove useful to detect UB that does not > necessarily result in crashes. Pass -fsanitize=undefined to enable it. > > I can't provide much more specific instructions, but it's quite likely > that there's a good bit of UB in the code you're building, if it broke > in such a regard on compiler updates. > > Is there a reason for using GCC 8 as opposed to newer GCC versions? > > Best of luck, have a great day. > -- > Arsen Arsenović > -- *Thanks and Regards,* *Praveen AB*