* gcc cross-compiler is using the wrong assembler
@ 2019-04-09  2:12 William Tambe
From: William Tambe @ 2019-04-09  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Googling around I found the following answer:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24726509/gcc-cross-compiler-is-using-the-wrong-assembler

But which internal variable can be set when building GCC so that it is
not necessary to provide the option -Bprefix ?

* Re: gcc cross-compiler is using the wrong assembler
@ 2019-04-09  5:20 ` Jim Wilson
From: Jim Wilson @ 2019-04-09  5:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Tambe; +Cc: gcc-help

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 7:12 PM William Tambe <tambewilliam@gmail.com> wrote:
> Googling around I found the following answer:
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24726509/gcc-cross-compiler-is-using-the-wrong-assembler
>
> But which internal variable can be set when building GCC so that it is
> not necessary to provide the option -Bprefix ?

configure, build, and install binutils first.  Then configure, build,
and install gcc using the exact same configure options that you used
for binutils.  When you configure gcc, if you did this right, you will
see configure output that says "checking for as... " and then followed
by the assembler name.  Make sure this is the right assembler name.
It should be the one you just installed.

Jim