On Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at 3:39 AM Iain Sandoe wrote: > Hello Naresh, > > > On 23 Sep 2022, at 01:40, Gade, Naresh (Coral Springs) > wrote: > > > We have downloaded GCC V10.3 compiler on our AIX server but we noticed a > weird thing about the size of object files for certain source files. > > > > When tried to dump the object file, we noticed the DATA segment in the > file is a large chunk of NULLS and it is eating lot of memory space. > GCC changed default behavior to use -fno-common. This probably is initialized zeroes. You can try adding -fcommon to revert to the original behavior, but please ensure that you understand the impact of that semantic. Thanks, David