public inbox for gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
* Re: Applying GNU style automatically
       [not found] <CAEYL+X_VU1tyMd7RB8qfKBRbZ5wmsQkwEqS12-=de6asmWTUhw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2022-09-20  7:31 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2022-09-20  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zopolis0; +Cc: gcc-help

On Tue, 20 Sept 2022 at 02:18, Zopolis0 via Gcc-help
<gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> The editor I use (Sublime Text) disagrees with gcc on tabs vs spaces and
> tabs-spaces mixing, so every change I make is surrounded by a lot of
> whitespace diff.
>
> This makes git merge freak out, and I want to get rid of it.
>
> I have too many patches to do manually, so I was wondering whether
> check_GNU_style.(sh/py) had a way to automatically apply the recommended
> whitespace changes.

You can get a plugin for sublimetext to make it follow the
https://editorconfig.org/ spec. That will allow you to put a
.editorconfig file in your GCC source tree and your editor will use
the desired config. You can add the .editorconfig file to the
.git/info/exclude file so that Git ignores it.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-09-20  7:31 UTC | newest]