* re: limiting warning message types
@ 2011-12-19 16:38 somervi8
From: somervi8 @ 2011-12-19 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi :

I am having problems limiting the warning messages i receive
 from g++. If I use -w with any other -Wwarning option i still get no NO
 warning messages of the type I desire. If I don't use -w, I am swamped
with warning messages i don't want  . Surely there must be a simple way
to just get a few selected warning messages easily ??

Cheers;
Robert Somerville

* Re: limiting warning message types
@ 2011-12-19 18:21 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2011-12-19 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: somervi8; +Cc: gcc-help

On 19 December 2011 16:38,  <somervi8@telus.net> wrote:
> Hi :
>
> I am having problems limiting the warning messages i receive
>  from g++. If I use -w with any other -Wwarning option i still get no NO
>  warning messages of the type I desire. If I don't use -w, I am swamped
> with warning messages i don't want  . Surely there must be a simple way
> to just get a few selected warning messages easily ??

Like most software, how to use GCC is documented in its manual:
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Warning-Options.html

Which says:
"You can request many specific warnings with options beginning `-W',
for example -Wimplicit to request warnings on implicit declarations.
Each of these specific warning options also has a negative form
beginning `-Wno-' to turn off warnings; for example, -Wno-implicit."