* Re: Template specialization error for "void" template parameter in GCC
       [not found] <OF734C0056.ABAE87B4-ON65257912.003AC0C0-65257912.003AC0C3@tcs.com>
@ 2011-09-21 12:09 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2011-09-21 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Himanshu12 G; +Cc: gcc-help

On 21 September 2011 11:41, Himanshu12 G wrote:

> Hi ,
> Thanks for your reply, the foo.h is already included.

I'll repeat what I said when you sent this to me off-list:

It isn't in the example code you posted, so you might get more help if
you post a proper example that actually demonstrates the problem, not
pseudo-code or incomplete example code that fails for different
reasons.

* Re: Template specialization error for "void" template parameter in GCC
@ 2011-09-21  8:15 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2011-09-21  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: himanshu.gupta; +Cc: gcc-help

On 21 September 2011 06:21, himanshu.gupta wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The following code is giving errors while compiling with GCC 4.5.
>
> Foo.h Header File: declaration of template class.
> template<class T>
> class Foo
> {
>    void FooBar() const;
> };
>
> Foo.cpp Source File: explicit definitions for member function of template
> class Foo.
> template<>
> void Foo<void>::FooBar () const
> {
>    do something...
> }
>
> The above explicit function declaration for "void" is giving error...
> error: template-id 'type<>' for 'void Foo<void>::FooBar() const' does not
> match any template declaration
>
> The same explicit function declarations with other types - int, unsigned
> int, etc. compiles successfully. The explicit specialization for "void"
> however seems to only compile without template<> being added. But I believe
> as per GCC they do require template<>.
>
> Is it an error with GCC for "void" template parameter? Or am I missing
> something with syntax/ GCC compile option?

It looks as though you've forgotten to #include "Foo.h"

* Template specialization error for "void" template parameter in GCC
@ 2011-09-21  5:21 himanshu.gupta