* Format of Compiled Module Interface (gcm file - c++20 modules) ?
@ 2022-05-30 16:01 Piotr Krukowiecki
From: Piotr Krukowiecki @ 2022-05-30 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

is there a description of .gcm file content?

I've read https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/C_002b_002b-Compiled-Module-Interface.html
so I understand it's ELF32 file, but I'd like to understand what's
kept inside and how. For example, an inline function body may be
present inside CMI, I'd like to know how to find it and parse it.

It seems that gcc implementation is in
https://github.com/gcc-mirror/gcc/blob/master/gcc/cp/module.cc but is
the code the only documentation?

Piotr Krukowiecki

* Re: Format of Compiled Module Interface (gcm file - c++20 modules) ?
@ 2022-05-31  9:20 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2022-05-31  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Piotr Krukowiecki; +Cc: gcc-help

On Mon, 30 May 2022, 16:03 Piotr Krukowiecki via Gcc-help, <
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a description of .gcm file content?
>
> I've read
> https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/C_002b_002b-Compiled-Module-Interface.html
> so I understand it's ELF32 file, but I'd like to understand what's
> kept inside and how. For example, an inline function body may be
> present inside CMI, I'd like to know how to find it and parse it.
>
> It seems that gcc implementation is in
> https://github.com/gcc-mirror/gcc/blob/master/gcc/cp/module.cc but is
> the code the only documentation?

There's also https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/cxx-modules and Nathan Sidwell's GNU