* Re: Fw: Re: Explicity template specialization issue
       [not found] <OFD7B64CF2.C5736848-ON65257912.003A5EA3-65257912.003A5EAA@tcs.com>
@ 2011-09-21 12:07 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2011-09-21 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Himanshu12 G; +Cc: gcc-help

On 21 September 2011 11:37, Himanshu12 G wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> In your reply, it is specializing inner class for 'void' with the outer
> class specialization as 'int'. This works fine but the specialization for
> outer class is not known at compile time. I mean the outer class template
> parameter is only known at run time

I'm not sure what you mean here, template arguments must be known at
compile-time.
I'm going to assume you mean you don't want to specialize the outer template.

> and it is also used in the constructor
> of inner template class. This is a specific case for template. Is this
> supported in GCC in any particular way?

No, as you already pointed out the standard doesn't allow it.

> blah blah blah

Please don't send notices like this to the gcc lists, see
http://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html#policies

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-09-21 12:07 UTC | newest]