* libstdc++ concept checking
@ 2013-03-28  2:37 NightStrike
From: NightStrike @ 2013-03-28  2:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

This page:

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/concept_checking.html

says "They are off by default for all versions of GCC. They can be
enabled at configure time with --enable-concept-checks. You can enable
them on a per-translation-unit basis with -D_GLIBCXX_CONCEPT_CHECKS."

I'm assuming that --enable-concept-checks is an option to use while
building libstdc++ to set the default for that library.  But does the
second sentence mean that I can enable concept checking for my own
code by defining that macro, even if libstdc++ wasn't compiled with
the option turned on?

* Re: libstdc++ concept checking
@ 2013-03-28  9:08 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2013-03-28  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NightStrike; +Cc: gcc-help

On 28 March 2013 02:36, NightStrike wrote:
> This page:
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/concept_checking.html
>
> says "They are off by default for all versions of GCC. They can be
> enabled at configure time with --enable-concept-checks. You can enable
> them on a per-translation-unit basis with -D_GLIBCXX_CONCEPT_CHECKS."
>
> I'm assuming that --enable-concept-checks is an option to use while
> building libstdc++ to set the default for that library.

Correct.

>  But does the
> second sentence mean that I can enable concept checking for my own
> code by defining that macro, even if libstdc++ wasn't compiled with
> the option turned on?

Yes, that's right.