* Where are Darwin behaviors documented?
@ 2015-09-09  9:51 Jeffrey Walton
From: Jeffrey Walton @ 2015-09-09  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I'm encountering an issue related to the use of __attribute__
((constructor(priority)) and __attribute__ ((init_priority(priority))
under Darwin, and I want to read more about it. The issue is the
program fails to compile, which means GCC cannot consume a well
defined program for which it defined the extensions. Cf.,
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Common-Function-Attributes.html#Common-Function-Attributes
and https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/C_002b_002b-Attributes.html.

I know the GCC manual has a section on Darwin specific options at
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-5.1.0/gcc/Darwin-Options.html#Darwin-Options.

Where can I find reading on Darwin specific behavior when it diverges
from "standard" GCC platform behavior?

* Re: Where are Darwin behaviors documented?
@ 2015-09-09  9:55 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2015-09-09  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeffrey Walton; +Cc: gcc-help

On 9 September 2015 at 10:51, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> I'm encountering an issue related to the use of __attribute__
> ((constructor(priority)) and __attribute__ ((init_priority(priority))
> under Darwin, and I want to read more about it. The issue is the
> program fails to compile, which means GCC cannot consume a well
> defined program for which it defined the extensions. Cf.,
> https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Common-Function-Attributes.html#Common-Function-Attributes
> and https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/C_002b_002b-Attributes.html.
>
> I know the GCC manual has a section on Darwin specific options at
> https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-5.1.0/gcc/Darwin-Options.html#Darwin-Options.
>
> Where can I find reading on Darwin specific behavior when it diverges
> from "standard" GCC platform behavior?

That sounds like a bug, so should be fixed rather than documented.