* Re: Odd things when change gcc from 3.3 to 3.4
       [not found] ` <CAH6eHdT71hOn2YAF4xmOWVomQabArFYo+rq_Hh6REHO-PS05vA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2011-11-16 10:06   ` Mingjie Xing
From: Mingjie Xing @ 2011-11-16 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Wakely; +Cc: gcc-help

2011/11/15 Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com>:
> This question is inappropriate for this mailing list, questions about
> using GCC belong on the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list, please take
> any follow up there.
>
> GCC 3.4 is ancient history, but shouldn't cause a problem like this so
> I assume it's caused by something in your program or something wrong
> with your GCC 3.4 installation.  Is there any reason not to use a more
> recent version of GCC?

The problem is worked around according to the helpful suggestion off
line.  BTW, not all such problems can be resolved by simply using a
more recent version of GCC.

Thanks,
Mingjie

* Re: Odd things when change gcc from 3.3 to 3.4
@ 2011-11-16 10:22     ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2011-11-16 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mingjie Xing; +Cc: gcc-help

On 16 November 2011 02:27, Mingjie Xing wrote:

>  BTW, not all such problems can be resolved by simply using a
> more recent version of GCC.

No, of course not, but if you're upgrading anyway then it might make
more sense to use an actively supported version, not a discontinued,
unsupported version.

You did email these lists looking for help, i,e. support, so that's
why I asked if there's a reason you aren't using a version that's
still actually supported.