From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com>
To: "DeCaro,
	James John (Jim) CIV DISA FE (USA)"
	<james.j.decaro3.civ@mail.mil>
Cc: Xi Ruoyao <xry111@mengyan1223.wang>,
	"gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org" <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: Installing gcc on Linux 7.9 with no access to a repository
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 19:49:46 +0100	[thread overview]

On Tue, 3 May 2022 at 18:44, DeCaro, James John (Jim) CIV DISA FE (USA) wrote:

> OK, I guess you did not read the issue.  If all I had to do was use a red hat repository I would not have posted a question on this forum.

I read it. The GCC project does not provide binary packages, see
https://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html

If you're running RHEL, you should be able to get an RPM. I didn't say
use the Red Hat repository though. I said you should use the Red Hat
RPM, and Red Hat can help with that if for some reason you're unable
to use the repository. If for some reason you're unable to use the
support you're presumably paying for, then you could download a CentOS
RPM of GCC and install that. Either way, the GCC project does not
provide binary packages, and you need an existing compiler to build
GCC yourself. Solving that is not something the GCC project can help
with, so talk to Red Hat, or find an alternative (like CentOS). Either
way, this is the wrong mailing list for solving that problem.