* Re: GCC: C0x11 threading support
@ 2011-11-29 11:13 Erotavlas_turbo
From: Erotavlas_turbo @ 2011-11-29 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

 for your fast reply.
I have understood that the support for C++11 (I hope it's right :)) is still
not complete. But my fundamental question is how long does it take the
development process? Is there a roadmap?

Thank you

* Re: GCC: C0x11 threading support
@ 2011-11-29 20:21 Erotavlas_turbo
From: Erotavlas_turbo @ 2011-11-29 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

So what are the differencies between the boost thread library and the future
C++11 thread library? I have read that they should be the same...

Thank you

* Re: GCC: C0x11 threading support
@ 2011-11-29 13:30 Erotavlas_turbo
From: Erotavlas_turbo @ 2011-11-29 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Ok, I have understood that the new library of C++11 is nearly complete and it
is almost the same of boost library. As you have noticed the support of GCC for
the core feature is not still complete, but can I use the library (embedded or
boost) for threading programming?Or I'm limited by the compiler?If yes what are
the use of the library?

Thank you

* GCC: C0x11 threading support
@ 2011-11-25 10:24 Erotavlas_turbo
From: Erotavlas_turbo @ 2011-11-25 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I have read that the threading programming proposed in new C++ standard
(C0x11) is supported by GCC but only a small subset of features are available.
So for the moment is better to use the boost thread library (that should be the
same adopted by new standard, correct me if I'm wrong) or the complete support
by GCC is not so far?

Thank you

Best Regards