* failed emails + deficient interface to list archive.
@ 2020-02-28 21:23 L A Walsh
From: L A Walsh @ 2020-02-28 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Got a message from ezmlm:

I've kept a list of which messages from the gcc-help mailing list have
bounced from your address.

send an empty message to:
   <gcc-help-get.123_145@gcc.gnu.org>

send an empty message to:
   <gcc-help-index@gcc.gnu.org>

Here are the message numbers:

   64749
   64750
   64754
   64816

---
msg:

Remote host said: 552-5.7.0 This message was blocked because its content presents a potential
552-5.7.0 security issue. Please visit
552-5.7.0  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BlockedMessage to review our
552 5.7.0 message content and attachment content guidelines. o18si2333228oic.18 - gsmtp
-----------------

It would be ALOT more helpful if I could review the copy of this message stored in
the archive.

While I tried asking for a resend of 64749-64754, I don't think I'll get it, because
whatever the supposed security problem is will probably block it again on my retry.

So really -- anyone who has a message blocked by their MSP probably won't find
the above method of retrieving the messages very useful.  Even though I've repeatedly
told google to block nothing, they know better and will do whatever they want.

They don't even support gmail anymore -- they purchased generic PC support from
some overseas company who isn't running gmail and doesn't even know howit works.
I wasted over 3 months with some clueless support person who couldn't even look
at gmail settings, because they weren't a gmail user or a google employee.  So
lame!

Anyway, can some way be provided to click on one of the above message numbers and
be taken to the archive where that message can be displayed?  I can't find any
sign of those message numbers in the archive connected to the email list (gcc-help).

Thanks!
-l

* Re: failed emails + deficient interface to list archive.
@ 2020-02-29  4:49 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2020-02-29  4:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: L A Walsh; +Cc: gcc-help

On Fri, 28 Feb 2020 at 20:58, L A Walsh <gcc@tlinx.org> wrote:

> Got a message from ezmlm:

tl;dr you can just ignore these emails from the list manager. They're
always spam that google has correctly blocked, so don't worry about
it.

That was https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2020-02/msg00054.html

That was https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2020-02/msg00055.html

That was https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2020-02/msg00059.html

>    64816

That was https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2020-02/msg00120.html

They're all spam with malicious attachments.

You can confirm the message numbers by clicking on the "raw text" link
in the archived mail and looking at the ID in the return path in the
first two lines.

But I strongly recommend that you just ignore the ezmlm warnings.

* Re: failed emails + deficient interface to list archive.
@ 2020-02-29 14:27   ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2020-02-29 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: L A Walsh; +Cc: gcc-help

On Fri, 28 Feb 2020 at 22:24, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Feb 2020 at 20:58, L A Walsh <gcc@tlinx.org> wrote:
> >
> > Got a message from ezmlm:
>
> tl;dr you can just ignore these emails from the list manager. They're
> always spam that google has correctly blocked, so don't worry about
> it.
>

> > I've kept a list of which messages from the gcc-help mailing list have
> > bounced from your address.
> >
> > Copies of these messages may be in the archive.
> > To retrieve a set of messages 123-145 (a maximum of 100 per request),
> > send an empty message to:
> >    <gcc-help-get.123_145@gcc.gnu.org>
> >
> > To receive a subject and author list for the last 100 or so messages,
> > send an empty message to:
> >    <gcc-help-index@gcc.gnu.org>
> >
> > Here are the message numbers:
> >
> >    64749
>
> That was https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2020-02/msg00054.html
>
> >    64750
>
> That was https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2020-02/msg00055.html
>
> >    64754
>
> That was https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2020-02/msg00059.html
>
> >    64816
>
> That was https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2020-02/msg00120.html
>
> They're all spam with malicious attachments.
>
> You can confirm the message numbers by clicking on the "raw text" link
> in the archived mail and looking at the ID in the return path in the
> first two lines.
>
> But I strongly recommend that you just ignore the ezmlm warnings.

P.S. if you really want to spend your time checking these, and you
don't want to find them via a binary search of the IDs in the "raw
text" links, the simplest way is to send an email to
gcc-help-index@gcc.gnu.org which gives you back an index that contains
the IDs and the subjects, like this:

64747: Re: How to constexpr construct C++ object containing
reinterpret_cast pointer?
        11 Feb 2020 mark_r
64748: GCC inline assembly question
        11 Feb 2020 Boie, Andrew P
64749: Re:PFA, L.C DRAFT
        12 Feb 2020 bizopp.hockseng.com.sg
64750: Re: PO#12/2020
        12 Feb 2020 Jessica
64751: Re: GCC inline assembly question
        12 Feb 2020 Segher Boessenkool
64752: Re: GCC inline assembly question
        12 Feb 2020 Boie, Andrew P
64753: Re: GCC inline assembly question
        12 Feb 2020 Segher Boessenkool
64754: proforma
        12 Feb 2020 sales
64755: Difference between --target=i386 and i686
        12 Feb 2020 J.W. Jagersma
64756: APPOINTMENT
        12 Feb 2020 Mark
64757: gcc -g1 does not do what the docs say?
        13 Feb 2020 Alexey Neyman

So you can see from the subject lines that the bounced messages were junk.