* enquiry
@ 2019-07-07 13:58 Manfredo di Porcia
From: Manfredo di Porcia @ 2019-07-07 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi, my name is Manfredo di Porcia. I am a PhD student in computational ecology at Ghent University. I would like to write a small opinion piece about some aspects of fortran and C/C++ programming. I would like to ask a few questions related to the maintenance / development of the gfortran and gcc compilers.
Is there anyone that could take 5 minutes to answer some of my questions?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards, Manfredo

* Re: enquiry
@ 2019-07-07 19:30 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2019-07-07 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manfredo di Porcia; +Cc: gcc-help

On Sun, 7 Jul 2019 at 14:58, Manfredo di Porcia
<manfredodiporcia@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, my name is Manfredo di Porcia. I am a PhD student in computational ecology at Ghent University. I would like to write a small opinion piece about some aspects of fortran and C/C++ programming. I would like to ask a few questions related to the maintenance / development of the gfortran and gcc compilers.
> Is there anyone that could take 5 minutes to answer some of my questions?

I think you should just ask on this mailing list. If somebody can
answer your questions, they'll reply.

* Enquiry
@ 2017-10-29  4:09 Karim Smith
From: Karim Smith  @ 2017-10-29  4:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

I got your email from a directory on Google.
I am currently undergoing a building project, and i will like to purchase items to make a few unique installments i'm sure your company will be able to provide me with the services.  kindly get back to me if you can so we can discuss Quote,specification and estimate.

Regards.
Karim Smith

* Re: Enquiry
@ 2009-06-04 15:32     ` Michael Meissner
From: Michael Meissner @ 2009-06-04 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vijay; +Cc: gcc-help

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 09:23:07AM +0900, Vijay wrote:
> Michael,
>
>         Thanks  for the response.  Could you please me how to set
> -mprolog-function and -mno-long-calls options in commnad line?
>
> Maybe
>
> $  gcc  -mno-prolog-function
>
> somthing like above (well above option does not work....)
>

> Thanks.

Note, my response was via looking at the code in v850.c.  As I said in my first
message, I haven't touched the v850 in years (at least 10 years, it was more
likely 12 when I wrote the code for the ep optimizations, and at least 6
processors ago), so I don't know the ins and the outs of the current code.  For
things like switches, somebody who has used the v850 more recently will need to
chime in.

--
Michael Meissner, IBM
4 Technology Place Drive, MS 2203A, Westford, MA, 01886, USA

* Enquiry
@ 2009-06-04 10:19 Vijay Holimath
From: Vijay Holimath @ 2009-06-04 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

 I am  getting  error messages for ep register ( __attribute__
((interrupt_handler)) when I compile following sample program:

void swnmi() __attribute__ ((interrupt_handler));

void swnmi()
{
 ..
 }

 main()
{
..
 ..
 }

 main.o (.text+0xea): In function 'swnmi': undefined reference to '__ep'

 main.o (.text+0xee): In function 'swnmi': undefined reference to '__ep'

 collect2: Id returned 1 exit status

I added CPPFLAGS += -mprolog-function -mno-long-calls in makefile but
error remains the same. I think I need to add some patches? If I have
to, could anybody tell which one?

Thanks,
-Vijay

* Re: Enquiry
@ 2009-06-03  0:23   ` Vijay
From: Vijay @ 2009-06-03  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Meissner; +Cc: gcc-help

Michael Meissner wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 10:02:08PM +0900, Vijay Holimath wrote:
>
>> Dear Sir,
>>
>>         I am using gcc compiler for v850e cpu. When I use the
>> arrtribute: __attribute__ ((interrupt_handler)) or __attribute__
>> ((interrupt); for interrupt function,  say for example
>>
>> void swnmi() __attribute__ ((interrupt_handler));
>>
>> void swnmi()
>> {
>> ..
>> }
>>
>> main()
>> {
>> ..
>> ..
>> }
>>
>> I am getting following error messages when I compile:
>>
>> main.o (.text+0xea): In function 'swnmi': undefined reference to '__ep'
>>
>> main.o (.text+0xee): In function 'swnmi': undefined reference to '__ep'
>>
>> collect2: Id returned 1 exit status
>>

>> I will be grateful to you if you could help me to get rid of these error
>> messages.  Probably I have to link some libraries?
>>

> I worked on the V850 many years ago and added the initial ep support, but I
> haven't touched it for quite some time.
>
> The symbol __ep is expected to be the address to be loaded into the ep (r30)
> register, which is used in smaller instructions.  As you may or may not know,
> the V850 has a small data area that ep points to, and when the compiler is
> optimizing to use ep for other purposes, it needs to restore it after its done.
> The gnu linker creates __ep in the file scripttempl/v850.sc at the beginning of
> the .tdata section (.tdata is for tiny data).
>
> The reference to __ep is generated in callt_return_interrupt, and is done if
> you use the -mprolog-function and -mno-long-calls options (or they are set by
> default).

* Re: Enquiry
@ 2009-06-02 19:34 ` Michael Meissner
From: Michael Meissner @ 2009-06-02 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vijay Holimath; +Cc: gcc-help

@ 2009-06-02 14:08   ` Vijay
From: Vijay @ 2009-06-02 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help; +Cc: Ian Lance Taylor

  Thanks for the response. Error message I am getting in Windows (Cygwin
shell),  I am using gcc compiler  supplied along with v850e/ma3 board.
May I ask how to get upto date information about  gcc compiler for v850e
(as gcc compiler is configured for v850e)?

Thanks,
-Vijay

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Vijay Holimath <vijay@nii.ac.jp> writes:
>

>>         I am using gcc compiler for v850e cpu. When I use the
>> arrtribute: __attribute__ ((interrupt_handler)) or __attribute__
>> ((interrupt); for interrupt function,  say for example

>> I am getting following error messages when I compile:
>>
>> main.o (.text+0xea): In function 'swnmi': undefined reference to '__ep'
>>
>> main.o (.text+0xee): In function 'swnmi': undefined reference to '__ep'
>>

> It looks like the compiler expects the linker to define __ep.  Make sure
> you have an up to date version of the GNU binutils.
>
> Ian

* Re: Enquiry
@ 2009-06-02 13:26 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2009-06-02 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vijay; +Cc: gcc-help

@ 2009-06-02 13:02 Vijay Holimath
From: Vijay Holimath @ 2009-06-02 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

[...]

Many thanks,
-Vijay

--
Vijay Holimath, Ph.D
National Institute of Informatics

* ENQUIRY
@ 2006-09-29 11:03 Dr.Richard Lovward
From: Dr.Richard Lovward @ 2006-09-29 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,
It gives me a great deal of pleasure to write you this mail and even when it might come to you as a surprise, .I hope you find  it of interest.
Let me first introduce myself.  My name is Richard  Lovward, and I am an Executive Auditor with an Auditing and Risk Management Firm, here  in   Europe ,  I should like to  use this means to ask your assistance  in moving some fund over to your country. I have in the course of my duties come in contact with a good amount of Fund that have been inactive for some years now and careful investigation proved the original depositor of the fund  died five years ago  and all attempt to reach the suppose beneficiary of the deposit were fruitless and before it is forfeited to the state I decided to move it.
It is of interest to inform you  also that I have already moved this fund out of the Establishment  and now in safe keeping with a Finance and security house,  I will  like to move it outside now.and this is were I need your your assistance.
After legal consultation, I have established  modalities for a  secured way for  a perfect transaction., but be most assured that  for your  assistance and partnership  you will get a  good percentage of the fund, it is  important  to let you know that fifty percent of  the rest will be invested over there under your management. for a negotiable  period of time and we will open a fruitful dialog very soon to that effect.
I  look forward to our working closely in practically  seeing this transaction come to a perfect end.  For effective communication , please kindly include  in your reply, your complete Names ,Address,Occupation, Age  and most especially your contact number. and I will contact you as soon as I get your reply.
I  look forward to hearing from you and  my gratitude for your Patience
Respectfully yours
Dr. Richard  Lovward