public inbox for gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
* Re: attempt to compile gcc failed
       [not found] <CAC0z1F-GP7jFiumzjbUP0s9+6Rk4xezTdP9LiFNt4ZVsDPNHcw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2022-09-13 14:37 ` Jonathan Wakely
       [not found]   ` <CAC0z1F-970ca=hwQ-AyM1JJvKjHNWE38HwsLj9c4xR_Xtx+i_w@mail.gmail.com>
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2022-09-13 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jerome Yanga; +Cc: gcc-help

On Tue, 13 Sept 2022 at 14:43, Jerome Yanga via Gcc-help
<gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Hello.  I attempted to compile gcc but it failed with an error that is
> unknown to me.
>
> Help.
>
> "checking whether the C compiler works... no
>
> configure: error: in
> `/data/rock3/wine/builds/gcc-12.2.0/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/libgomp':

> See `config.log' for more details

Did you do this?

The error was in a sub-directory, so you want to check
/data/rock3/wine/builds/gcc-12.2.0/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/libgomp/config.log

There will be lots of errors in that file, because the configure
script tries lots of things that aren't all expected to work. You need
to look for the problem that occurs just before it logs the "cannot
create executables" message.

@ 2022-09-13 16:20     ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2022-09-13 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jerome Yanga; +Cc: gcc-help

On Tue, 13 Sept 2022 at 17:15, Jerome Yanga <jerome.yanga@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Thank you for the reply.  Here are the errors that I see in that file.  I am not sure where to get that `schedule.h` file.

You don't need it. Please read the last paragraph of my message again.

> I have also attached a sanitized `config.log`

That's the wrong file. Please read my entire email again. I was very
explicit about what you need to look for, and where.