* GNU GCC Systems Requirements
@ 2020-06-25 12:35 Cohens, Kahdeem
From: Cohens, Kahdeem @ 2020-06-25 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

To whom it may concern -

I am working to determine the recommended RAM (GB) and hard disk space (GB) required to install and optimally use the GNU GCC. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

KMC
Systems Engineer
ELDP | RMS Orlando

* Re: GNU GCC Systems Requirements
@ 2020-06-25 19:09 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2020-06-25 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cohens, Kahdeem; +Cc: gcc-help

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 at 13:37, Cohens, Kahdeem via Gcc-help
<gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> To whom it may concern -
>
> I am working to determine the recommended RAM (GB) and hard disk space (GB) required to install and optimally use the GNU GCC. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The RAM needed depends what you're compiling. Larger programs need more RAM.

The disk space needed for just the C and C++ compilers is around
1.5GB. Obviously it will take more space if you also install the
compilers for any of Fortran, Ada, Go and D.

* RE: EXTERNAL: Re: GNU GCC Systems Requirements
@ 2020-06-25 19:47   ` Cohens, Kahdeem
From: Cohens, Kahdeem @ 2020-06-25 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Wakely; +Cc: gcc-help

Thanks for the quick turnaround, Jonathan!

Best,

KMC
JP9711-1 Systems Engineer
ELDP | RMS Orlando