* Some questions about adding mingw support for std::random_device
@ 2012-12-28  8:05 niXman
From: niXman @ 2012-12-28  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I want to add mingw support for std::random_device and I have a few questions.

1) When configuring libstdc++, the GLIBCXX_CHECK_RANDOM_TR1 test
passes successfully, because MSYS is used. But the compiler and the
programs created by it can not use '/dev/urandom' || '/dev/random',
because they do not use MSYS-runtime. The first question is, do I need
to change the GLIBCXX_CHECK_RANDOM_TR1 test itself so that for mingw
it would be not successful, or I have to add in the file
'libstdc++-v3/include/bits/random.h' an additional checking by the
preprocessor and ignore the value of _GLIBCXX_USE_RANDOM_TR1 macro? I
think the first variant is more logical because the second variant
seems to be some cleaning up.
2) Since the I'm very new in autotools, tell me please, how should I
change the GLIBCXX_CHECK_RANDOM_TR1 test?

Thanks.

--
Regards,
niXman