* opencl and gcc
@ 2011-09-26  9:29 naveen yadav
From: naveen yadav @ 2011-09-26  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help, gcc-help

Hello All,

OpenCL http://www.khronos.org/opencl/ is a new standard proposing an
API for GPUs (targetting vector processing on heterogenous systems,
like GPU + CPU).
It suggests some restricted & specialized C dialect to code "kernel"
functions (kernel in OpenCL means running on the GPU).

Is there any branch or experimental code for adding OpenCL into GCC?

Regards
Naveen

* opencl and gcc
@ 2011-09-26 10:50 ` naveen yadav
From: naveen yadav @ 2011-09-26 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help, gcc-help

Hello All,

OpenCL http://www.khronos.org/opencl/ is a new standard proposing an
API for GPUs (targetting vector processing on heterogenous systems,
like GPU + CPU).
It suggests some restricted & specialized C dialect to code "kernel"
functions (kernel in OpenCL means running on the GPU).

Is there any branch or experimental code for adding OpenCL into GCC?

Regards
Naveen

* Re: opencl and gcc
@ 2011-09-27  5:05 ` Maxim Kuvyrkov
From: Maxim Kuvyrkov @ 2011-09-27  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: naveen yadav; +Cc: gcc-help

Naveen,

There was a presentation about prototype implementation of OpenCL in GCC at last GCC Summit, see http://www.gccsummit.org/2010/view_abstract.php?content_key=15 .  You should be able to find a PDF of the summit proceedings on the net.

Regards,

--
Maxim Kuvyrkov
www.trivialbugs.com

On 26/09/2011, at 9:21 PM, naveen yadav wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> OpenCL http://www.khronos.org/opencl/ is a new standard proposing an
> API for GPUs (targetting vector processing on heterogenous systems,
> like GPU + CPU).
> It suggests some restricted & specialized C dialect to code "kernel"
> functions (kernel in OpenCL means running on the GPU).
>
> Is there any branch or experimental code for adding OpenCL into GCC?
>
> Regards
> Naveen

* Re: opencl and gcc
@ 2011-09-27 16:39   ` naveen yadav
From: naveen yadav @ 2011-09-27 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxim Kuvyrkov, phil.pratt.szeliga; +Cc: gcc-help

Dear all,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I will explain in more details.

I am having ARM(CortexA15) and Mali T604. I have some legacey code
running well on CortexA15.
I want to use OpenCL to enhance my graphic capibility. I check on Net
and found http://opencl.snu.ac.kr/ they also support OpenCL  but use
LLVM interface.

I have two questions.
1. How I can use   ARM(CortexA15) and Mali T604 with my legacy code
running on Cortex15.
2. If I need to use LLVM, how I can combine LLVM with my code compiled
with codesourcery toolchain.

Thanks
Naveen