* unknown cpu 'cortex-m0'
@ 2013-02-21 12:37 ehuijben
From: ehuijben @ 2013-02-21 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Dear all,

I have some serious issues with the GCC compiler when using a cortex-M0
(STM32F051)

When compiling my code with GCC version 4.6.3, which should support
cortex-M0 microcontrollers, I get next messages:
Error: unknown cpu `cortex-m0'
Error: unrecognized option -mcpu=cortex-m0

When compiling the same code with the codesourcery lite package (same
gcc version), it works fine, however I like to configure my own gcc
version.

I configured GCC with next options:

  ../configure --target=arm-axon-eabi --prefix=toolchain \
    --with-cpu=cortex-m0 --with-mode=thumb \
    --enable-interwork --disable-multilib \
    --enable-languages="c" --with-newlib --without-headers \
    --disable-shared --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld \
    2>&1 | tee configure.log

Looking in the logging, the cortex-m0 is recognized
Also with the newest version 4.7.2 I have the same problems

Who can help me with this issue?

Regards,

Evert