* if-conversion passes
@ 2013-06-18 15:30 Abdul Wahid Memon
From: Abdul Wahid Memon @ 2013-06-18 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello all

Can someone please specify the pass related to if-conversion optimization?

Best regards

Abdul

* Re: if-conversion passes
@ 2013-06-18 18:41 ` Abdul Wahid Memon
From: Abdul Wahid Memon @ 2013-06-18 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I searched in gcc source and found that there are three passes related
to if-conversion optimization in ifcvt.c i.e. ce1, ce2, and ce3.

My question is that if I compile any program with if-conversion
disabled then why ce1 is being executed?

$ -O3 -fno-if-conversion *.c

Regards

Abdul++

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Abdul Wahid Memon
<engrwahidmemon@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> Can someone please specify the pass related to if-conversion optimization?
>
> Best regards
>
> Abdul

* Re: if-conversion passes
@ 2013-06-18 20:24   ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2013-06-18 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abdul Wahid Memon; +Cc: gcc-help

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Abdul Wahid Memon
<engrwahidmemon@gmail.com> wrote:
> I searched in gcc source and found that there are three passes related
> to if-conversion optimization in ifcvt.c i.e. ce1, ce2, and ce3.
>
> My question is that if I compile any program with if-conversion
> disabled then why ce1 is being executed?
>
> $ -O3 -fno-if-conversion *.c

If you use -fno-if-conversion then the ce1 pass won't do anything, but
it will still be executed.  See rest_of_handle_if_conversion in
ifcvt.c.

Ian