* Re: gcc-help Digest 6 Sep 2011 07:10:15 -0000 Issue 3793
       [not found] <1315293015.22181.ezmlm@gcc.gnu.org>
@ 2011-09-06  7:25 ` Milind
From: Milind @ 2011-09-06  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aph, gcc-help

Hi Andrew,

I dont't know how to reply to a message on "gcc-help" mailing list so,
I am directly writing to you.

WRT your question: I am trying to see if some of the performance
related observations I am doing on GCC coming with SPEC-2006 is not
invalidated by more recent GCC versions. So, want to run same
workloads on newer GCC to check that the findings are still relevant.

Could you help me on teh flags that will make current GCC behave like
the one in SPEC-2006?

From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2011-09-06  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Milind; +Cc: gcc-help

On 6 September 2011 08:25, Milind wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> I dont't know how to reply to a message on "gcc-help" mailing list so,
> I am directly writing to you.

You just reply, including the list address in the To or CC fields.

> WRT your question: I am trying to see if some of the performance
> related observations I am doing on GCC coming with SPEC-2006 is not
> invalidated by more recent GCC versions. So, want to run same
> workloads on newer GCC to check that the findings are still relevant.
>
> Could you help me on teh flags that will make current GCC behave like
> the one in SPEC-2006?

It's still not clear what you mean by "behave like" ... GCC is still a
compiler so it still behaves similarly.

There are many changes since 3.2, mostly good, and most cannot be disabled.

Is there some specific behaviour you want to change?  Please be specific.

If you can't be specific, maybe you don't actually need to change
anything?  Have you actually tried and found a problem?  If not, why
don't you do that, and then ask more specific questions if you have a
specific problem.

@ 2011-09-09  5:51     ` esmaeil mirzaee
From: esmaeil mirzaee @ 2011-09-09  5:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Wakely; +Cc: Milind, gcc-help

Hi
I apologize for weak English, and interrupt.

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 5:31 AM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 September 2011 08:25, Milind wrote:
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>> I dont't know how to reply to a message on "gcc-help" mailing list so,
>> I am directly writing to you.
>
> You just reply, including the list address in the To or CC fields.
>
>> WRT your question: I am trying to see if some of the performance
>> related observations I am doing on GCC coming with SPEC-2006 is not
>> invalidated by more recent GCC versions. So, want to run same
>> workloads on newer GCC to check that the findings are still relevant.
I test most of the branch of SPEC 2006 in GCC 4.5.2 without any
problem. If you find a problem you can send it to me, If I can resolve
I will happy and I will send it to you.

Do you want run SPEC 2006 on Simplescalar?
>> Could you help me on teh flags that will make current GCC behave like
>> the one in SPEC-2006?
The last SPEC 2006 can work on gcc-3.3.5 but you can use it with
latest gcc like 4.4.5.
And another suggestion is install gcc version 3.3.5(but I don't recommended)
> It's still not clear what you mean by "behave like" ... GCC is still a
> compiler so it still behaves similarly.
>
> There are many changes since 3.2, mostly good, and most cannot be disabled.
>
> Is there some specific behaviour you want to change?  Please be specific.
>
> If you can't be specific, maybe you don't actually need to change
> anything?  Have you actually tried and found a problem?  If not, why
> don't you do that, and then ask more specific questions if you have a
> specific problem.
Dead Andrew
I think it's so difficult at this time as a senior student, say what I
need. I'm new but I love to know How can I do it?
If you can give me some suggestion I will appreciate it.

@ 2011-09-09  6:13       ` esmaeil mirzaee
From: esmaeil mirzaee @ 2011-09-09  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Wakely; +Cc: Milind, gcc-help

Just for Correction
Dear Andrew
Dead is typing mistake sorry Dear is correct